Beyond the Anatomy of D. Gray’s Institution
Create a proposal to present to the leadership team regarding the on boarding plan for new nurse managers. This project will include the creation of an orientation plan in a PowerPoint presentation. APA citations expected. Follow PowerPoint format guidelines.
Your proposal should include:
◦ Introductory and concluding remarks
◦ Slides that identify specific topics with supportive key ideas and objectives for the lesson.
◦ Speaker notes that include the rationale for topic inclusion with a synthesis of professional literature, and resource list. Assembles comprehensive (minimum of 8) topics for management orientation in a PowerPoint.
◦ The resource list should identify the recommended materials and facilitator for each topic, e.g. Human Resource, Chief Nursing Officer, Nurse Manager, and Clinical Nurse Educator and why they would be the most appropriate choice for that topic.
◦ Justifies the inclusion of the topic using peer reviewed and/or professional sources in the speaker notes.
◦ Assembles an outline of the objectives/ competencies necessary at completion of orientation in the Power Point.
◦ Inventories resources (internal &/or external) to use during orientation and explains why they are the most appropriate choice for each topic in the speaker notes.
◦ Follows rules of seven on slides.
◦ Bulleted points only, no paragraphs to read
◦ Augments information via use of Notes Pages
◦ There are no errors in grammar, spelling, and punctuation
Recommended Resources for Final Project
◦ Chapters 14-16 In Grohar-Murray, M. & Langan, J. (2011). Leadership and management in nursing (4th ed.). Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall.
◦ Essentials of Nurse Manager Orientation
◦ Cathcart, E. B., Greenspan, M., & Quin, M. (2010). The making of a nurse manager: The role of experiential learning in leadership development.Journal of Nursing Management, 18(4), 440-447. doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2834.2010.01082.x
Dellasega, C., Gabbary, R., Durdock, K., & Martinez-King, N. (2009). An exploratory study of the orientation needs of experienced nurses. Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing, 40(7), 311-316. doi: 10.3928/00220124-20090623-04