A summary management report for the Company’s Senior Management Team wherein you provide a brief overview, a critical evaluation, of the value of creativity (theory / frameworks / models / concepts).
Paper, Order, or Assignment Requirements
a summary management report for the Company’s Senior Management Team wherein you provide a brief overview, a critical evaluation, of the value of creativity (theory / frameworks / models / concepts).
Compare and contrast between each theory and see the different or similarities
Various members of the Management Team have each commented on the following authors and their perspectives:
• Brownlie (1998): ‘managerial creativity can be seen as an act of theory construction’.
• Holt (2002) that ‘although creativity can be viewed through a lens of theory (achievement / necessity / chance / genius / intelligence / psychoanalysis), it is more a dynamic, disorderly process.”
• Collins (1970) wherein the argument was that intellectual networks are the key to explaining creativity.
• Kaufman & Sternberg (2010) who implied that ‘systems’ theories of creativity with their broad and qualitative contextual views were better suited to addressing marketing issues
• Starko (2009) who stated ‘creativity has much in common with key attributes of learning theory’
• Andriopoulos, Constantine & Dawson, Patrick (2009), Managing Change, Creativity & Innovation, SAGE Publications
• Amabile, T.M. (1988), “A model of creativity and innovation in organisations”, Research in Organisational Behaviour, Vol.10, pp.123-167. The Social Psychology of Creativity, New York (and subsequent work by Amabile et al will be oprovided).
• Puccio, G.J., Mance, M & Murdock, M.C. (2010) Creative Leadership: Skills that drive change / London – Sage
• Sutton, Robert (2002) Weird Ideas that work – How to build a creative company, Free Press, Simon & Schuster
• Czikszentmihalyi, M and Sawyer, K (1995), Shifting the focus from individual to organisational creativity in C.M> Ford and D.A. Gioia eds. Creative Action in organisations: Ivory Tower Visions and Real World Voices Thousand Oaks CA Sage Publications pp. 167-172
Hence it may be worthwhile considering these in more depth and integrating a critical evaluation of this thinking as well as any other views into the report
The focus in an EVALUATION of creativity theory which is considered in terms of its value with a consideration of the following:
• CREATIVITY IS NOT KEY TO THE NEXT GENERATION OF ‘REAL ADVANCES’
• CREATIVE SUCCESS IS THE RESULT NOT OF LUCK BUT OF PREPAREDNESS
• CREATIVE ACTIVITY MUST RESULT IN BOTH ECONOMIC VALUE AND SOCIAL UTILITY
• CREATIVE OUTPUT CANNOT BE MEASURED
• CREATIVITY DEMANDS EXPERT KNOWLEDGE