Information Systems In Nursing
Write 3–5 pages in which you discuss how a current information system used in the delivery of patient care contributes to improved patient outcomes.
In using information system technology, nurses are able to track and measure data to improve patient outcomes.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and assessment criteria:
- Competency 1: Describe the importance of effective scholarship and evidence-based information to advance the profession of nursing.
- Describe how an information system used in nursing contributes to evidence-based nursing practices.
- Competency 2: Identify strategies and best practices for using informatics in nursing and health care.
- Describe how a nurse researcher uses information technology to define patient safety within the context of outcomes.
- Competency 3: Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- Describe how nurse leaders and nurse informaticists use technology and evidence-based practice to contribute to improved patient outcomes.
- Competency 4: Communicate in a manner that is consistent with the expectations of a nursing professional.
- Write coherently to support a central idea in appropriate format with correct grammar, usage, and mechanics.