lIVING WILLS, DISRUPTIVE PHYSICIANS, PATENTIENT SAFETY IN HEALTHCARE, OR NEW REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY
CRITICALLY ANALYZE THE ISSUES RELATED TO ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING ISSUES: lIVING WILLS, DISRUPTIVE PHYSICIANS, PATENTIENT SAFETY IN HEALTHCARE, OR NEW REPRODUCTIVE TECHNOLOGY
List and explain the primary sources of law in the U.S. legal system. For each source of law, relate the source specifically to healthcare law and provide examples of relevant applications. Connect each source of law with a healthcare organization, or one which you hope to lead.
Describe the early hospitals of the United States. How did these facilities compare in design and role with the hospitals of the US today?
Discuss the progress of U.S. healthcare facilities in the 20th and early 21st centuries. What have been the major developments and primary drivers of change in U.S. healthcare facilities over the past one hundred years?
Review the case law example, Caruso v. Pine Manor Nursing Center,. How does the element of foreseeability apply to this case, and what is the key lesson which can be learned by healthcare facilities from this case law example?
Pozgar, G. (2012). Legal aspects of healthcare administration. (11thed). Sudbury. MA: Jones & Bartlett.
The course project provides you with an opportunity to choose one medical law or medical ethics issue of special interest and to study that issue at a deeper level for further understanding and application. This paper must critically analyze the issues related to the selected topic, with the textbook, web resources, and professional journal articles (which may also be found online) being utilized to complete the project. Please be sure to cite all references using APA format to avoid plagiarism. The paper must be submitted in APA format.
In your Course Project, be sure to include:
• Description of your selected issue
• Discussion of how the issue impacts healthcare professionals and healthcare organizations
• Impact of your selected issue on patients and families
• Critical analysis of the issue, including at least one specific case example
• Significance of the issue to the practice of healthcare administration
• Recommendations for approaches to deal with the issue
Possible Course Project Issues:
• Medicare-funded organ transplants
• Disruptive Physicians
• Living Wills
• Patient Safety in Healthcare
• New Reproductive Technology – ethical issues