- Demonstrate professional communication in written form (ANMC competency 9 and 10).
- Demonstrate academic and professional literacy skills by Synthesising knowledge of appropriate evidence-based nursing practice,
Literature Review: Submit via EASE
Scenario:The year is 2054.Generation X resident, Sir Bernard Fanning living at the My Happiness Country Club (Age 85yrs), deterioration in health over the past three months.
The year is 2054.
- Music that the aged care setting is playing is irritating Bernard. Behaviour: Bernard is aggressive, agitated, refusing nutrition and has withdrawn from general activity.
- The family have expressed concern with Bernard’s change of behaviour since moving into residential care.
What do we know?
- Biographical data: Sir Bernard Fanning, DOB 1.6.69, aged 85y
- Medical history: Healthy and active until stroke 12mths ago resulting in limited mobility, lost the ability to speak (aphasia).
- Qualified primary school music teacher
- Worked as a DJ in his 20’s for several years on weekends
- Prior to the stroke, Sir Bernard regularly recalled memories related to his years as a DJ particularly meeting his wife at a gig at the age of 24
Medical Review: Psychologist review of Bernard recommended Music therapy relevant to his generation.
Assignment Task: (Assignment 1)
Your assignment will be based on the below highlighted statement **
The Director of Nursing of the My Happiness Country Club has requested that you do a review of the literature to determine **“whether music therapy is a viable option to affect positive therapeutic change in aged care residents”.
You are required to provide the following for this literature review:
a) 150 word introduction (This must include the research problem)
b) 1200 word synthesis of knowledge from several sources that substantiate a logical argument. (Minimum of 4 major concepts) You must use a minimum of 10 articles in your reference list. You must have evidence of at least one qualitative research study and 1 quantitative research study.
c) 150 word conclusion (This must make recommendations for practice)