One of Kant’s ways of formulating (i.e., expressing in words) the Categorical Imperative says that “one should always treat humanity, whether in oneself or in another, always as an end and never merely as a means.” This is often called the “Formula of Humanity” (or sometimes the “Formula of the End-In-Itself”).
· Briefly explain in your own words what you think Kant means by that.
· Consider a specific example from the world of business or other fields, either one that you have directly encountered or one you heard about, in which a company honored this principle, and consider an example in which a company failed to honor this principle.
· Be sure to clearly explain your example with respect to Kant’s theory, and refer to the other readings on business ethics or (healthcare ethics or military) when appropriate.
· If you find the example from a source on the Internet or in an article be sure to share that with your classmates.
· Discuss whether or not you believe that military organizations or businesses could actually run according to a Kantian moral framework or if they must necessarily break Kant’s laws in order to function according to particular organization’s principles or business principles.
The requirements for the discussion this week are a minimum of four posts. The total combined word count for all of your posts, counted together, should be over 600 words.
So, it will be like this :
180 words, your initial post :
140 words 3 replies 1 each (attached)
140 words, your reply to second student : Day 4 or day